The Matrix Rower is an commercial indoor rowing machine designed to meet the needs of a booming group training trend. It delivers a seamless group training experience, a durable and space-saving design, and a relevant appearance.
The biggest challenge was to change the perception of contemporary rowing exercise. We knew that the rower originated from stationary workout platforms, and the design had not changed much in nearly 20 years. But training methods had evolved significantly toward a more effective and engaging group training format. Users experienced frustrations resulting from designs that weren't meant for group training, such as over-complicated consoles, fan noise and complex folding mechanisms. The Matrix Rower design had to deliver an experience relevant to the group training circuit.
The Matrix Rower design creates a seamless group training experience. Driven by deep insights from field research and experts, the design eliminates user pain points in group training and empowers users at every stage from class preparation to cleanup.
· Integrated wheels and a vertical storing position make before- and after-class setup easy. Users can easily push the rower to or from designated storage areas.
· The whisper-quiet magnetic resistance system makes communication between users and trainers effortless.
· The "Just Row to Start" functionality of the console and quick releases on the foot straps streamline rotation in multi-modality training circuits.
· The extended range of resistance and easy-to-reach control knob offer satisfying challenge for users at different experience levels.
The Matrix Rower design delivers a relevant appearance. Using a metaphorical "Wave" design, the Matrix Rower connects users with an on-the-water rowing experience. The "Wave" design is both functional and attractive, created to take rowing out of boring stand-alone workout zones and make it relevant to the modern group-training environment. This approachable, sleek design will encourage new users to try the activity and impress seasoned rowers alike.
Furthermore, the Matrix Rower offers exceptional space efficiency and durability. The smart design will generate more revenue per square foot and help minimize downtime to keep both facility owners and users happy.
· Our new design shortens the frame length without compromising stroke distance. By placing the magnetic resistance system under the active zone of the user's arm, the length of the rower is dramatically reduced. It allows the gym owner to place more units in the same area and improve profitability.
· Our "bulletproof" design tolerates user error. The console mast is made of steel to withstand the pulling force from the user's bodyweight, and the light-yet-strong rubber and co-molded aluminum handle bar carries less kinetic energy to reduce the risk of damaging the console. The front plastic covers are protected by the "Wave" frame from an accidentally released handle bar.
Beautiful details. The flexibility and modular were also quite convincing.