Osprey, the leader in creating top-quality, high-performance packs developed Osprey UNLTD™, an industry changing pack series that utilizes rapidly emerging technology and materials previously untapped by the pack industry.
Osprey UNLTD is the manifestation of Osprey's approach to innovation. In developing Osprey UNLTD, the brand removed the shackles of commercialization and production schedules to move beyond traditional manufacturing technologies ushering in a new era of backpack design and the ultimate backpacking experience.
Osprey UNLTD is the result of a two-year design journey led by Osprey Co-Founder, Mike Pfotenhauer and Osprey's Innovation Team. Key to Osprey UNLTD's design is Osprey's usage of Carbon DLS™3D technology to engineer the pack's lumbar. Osprey is the first pack manufacturer to harness Carbon DLS™ technology. The result is Osprey UNLTD's 3D-Printed Fitscape™ Lumbar which delivers superior ventilation, fine-tuned cushion support, and an anti-slip surface grip to keep loads firmly in place while reducing manufacturing waste.
While traditional manufacturing methods teach us that in order to push the boundaries of innovation, product development timelines need to be extended, the development of Osprey UNLTD proved the exact opposite. The entire process with the Carbon team took about one year with only six months to iterate on the design, enabling Osprey to take this innovative product to market faster.
Osprey UNLTD's 3D-Printed Fitscape™ Lumbar delivers superior ventilation, fine-tuned cushion support, and an anti-slip surface grip to keep loads firmly in place while reducing manufacturing waste.
In addition to the revolutionary 3D-Printed Fitscape™ Lumbar, Osprey UNLTD features an innovative Autolift System that comfortably and efficiently distributes the load while seamlessly including Fit-On-The-Fly® adjustment into the overall structure of the shoulder straps. Osprey UNLTD features state-of-the-art fabrics, including a double rip 210D lightweight main fabric with UHMWPE (ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene) content that is both lightweight and durable. Other notable details include a deluxe raincover made from premium high tenacity nylon ripstop as well as a custom Airporter Cover with lockable zippers designed to shield and secure the pack during transit.
Osprey UNLTD is available in four styles: Osprey UNLTD AirScape® 68 (men's and women's) and Osprey UNLTD Anti-Gravity 64 (men's and women's).
Osprey UNLTD AirScape 68 features:
- A polycarbonate vacuum-formed framesheet with thermo-formed air channel ribs on the backpanel to provide support, fit and ventilation
- A high carbon stainless steel frame that works with the polycarbonate framesheet to support the load
- Fit-on-the-Fly® hipbelt with silicone grip that allows the fit to be fine-tuned and prevents load slippage in the field
- A removable 8L top lid that converts to a fully functional 18L daypack
- A zip-away flapjacket that allows for lidless use with full protection
Osprey UNLTD Anti-Gravity 64 features:
- Osprey's Anti-Gravity Suspension - a 3D-suspended mesh that contours the body while a seamless suspended mesh extends from the shoulder blades to the lumbar area to the hipbelt
- A 7075 aluminum anodized frame blending aluminum and stainless steel to achieve a performance range that is impossible to accomplish with a simpler solution. The spring steel works with the stiff aluminum frame to create the flex needed for a lively fit
- A unique clamshell compression system supported by an internal frame that opens and closes like a clamshell, providing structure and easy access to the upper pack as well as an enhanced compression system
- Fit-on-the-Fly hipbelt with silicone grip that allows the fit to be fine-tuned and prevents load slippage in the field
- A removable top that transforms into a fully functional convertible top-lid waist pack with hydration hose port and lumbar pad