The Do-It-Yourself movement is on fire. Consumers are evolving beyond traditional crafting activities to create larger projects for their personalized spaces. The problem is that the tools on the market simply don't cut it for these types of projects – often, they are either too heavy and bulky, or too lightweight and small; there aren't any tools designed specifically for DIY projects in terms of size, power and control. For makers, loving the process of creating is just as important as loving the results. That's why Fiskars has engineered an entire line of tools to bring exceptional precision and control to home décor projects.
Introducing: Fiskars DIY Tools
Because Fiskars is most known for its scissors, it was a given that this new line of tools needed to include the ultimate shears for DIY projects – ones that could easily power through tough materials consumers are using (like leather, cardboard, decorative metals, and more) with ease. Through many rounds of research and testing, Fiskars created a pair that provide up to 2X more cutting power through thick materials, thanks to patent-pending strength-enhancing curved blades. These shears are called PowerCut™ Shears, and they build upon Fiskars' 369-years of cutting expertise. For detailed cutting, the PowerCut™ Easy Action™ Snips feature similar blade technology, but in a more compact design for intricate cutting. Knowing that this type of cutting often causes fatigue, the snips come with a spring-design that automatically opens the blades after each snip, to help reduce fatigue.
Another tool Fiskars wanted to re-create for the Do-It-Yourselfer was a hammer. Weighing in at 12 ounces, the Precision Hammer provides the perfect balance of power and precision – something existing hammers lack. Its forged steel head design emits enough power for DIY projects without being overbearing, and its handle has two grip zones to cater to both large and small projects – one close to the head for precise pounds, and another closer to the edge of the handle for larger, more powerful swings.
The trickiest part of hammering, for many beginner makers, is driving the nail in straight. Fiskars wanted to create a tool to solve this problem: the Precision Nail Starter. It provides a platform that keeps fingers away from the striking zone, while holding the nail securely in an upright position. Just insert the nail into one of the holes and hold the tool in place; the grooved lines that run parallel to the nail's position can be used to check alignment.
Fiskars DIY line also includes the following tools, designed specifically for the consumer, so they no longer need to settle for a tool that isn't quite right:
· Precision Staple Gun – A powerful, yet lightweight design for easy maneuvering in tight spaces
· Precision Hand Saw – Features a thin, triple-ground blade for controlled, precise cuts through wood, cardboard, dowels and more; sheath includes English and metric measurements for easy reference during projects
· Precision Screwdriver – A free-rotating handle leverages strength to drive screws with maximum downward force, and a quick-flip mechanism makes changing heads easy
· Tape Measure – Automatically locks in place when extended and retracts with the push of a release button
· Precision Hand Drill – A cord-free, crank handle offers precise, hassle-free holes that wouldn't be possible with a power tool
· Precision Needle-nose Pliers – Spring-action design automatically opens handles after each use to help reduce hand fatigue; also features a wire cutter and needle-nose tip with textured teeth for more precision
· Precision Level – Three vials and a top-view window provide accurate leveling and angling while a magnetic strip and hang hole provide easy storage
· Precision Wire Cutter – Spring-action design automatically opens after each cut to help reduce hand fatigue while a sharp, angled edge allows precise cuts on thick wire
Since its establishment in 1649, Fiskars Group has grown to be a leading functional and living products company with a strong brand portfolio, including Fiskars, Iittala, Gerber, Wedgewood and Waterford. Fiskars Group has employees in over 30 countries and is headquartered in Finland. With over 1 billion scissors sold, Fiskars has grown to be the World's #1 Scissors Brand. Fiskars promotes everyday creativity by developing innovative solutions to help gardeners, cooks and makers pursue their passions. Please visit www.fiskars.com.