Core77 Design Awards
- Other Years
Taga 2.0 is an innovative family bike, which offers unmatched functionality, great riding experience and contemporary design, in an affordable price.
Taga took the traditional wooden-box cargo bikes to the next level: by using high pressure injection molded plastics instead of wood, it managed to reduce the costs of the bike while adding modularity and numerous options for families on the go: multiple seating positions for 2-3 kids (facing forwards, backwards or towards each other), reclining seats for sleeping, weather protection solutions, foldable seats which create a lockable cargo box, accessory bar for cool add-ons, collapsible frame for transport in a car trunk or on a bike rack and more. Taga 2.0 offers an e-bike version and comes in variety of colors
· Our first challenge was to create a positive experience for both parents and children
· To create the ultimate and most affordable family bike
· To create a modular system with lots of possibilities and accessories for the client
· A compact system the folds into a trunk of a common family car and for storage
· Solutions for variety of situations- carrying of 1-3 children, pets, cargo, shopping etc'
· Offer electric and non electric bike at the same frame
2. Unique design
· Taga 2.0 is unique as it’s the most versatile cargo bikes in the market and offers much more possibilities than the traditional wooden cargo bikes at the lowest price
· Use of plastic and fabrics in a modern design is much deferent than the classic and traditional cargo bikes
3. User experience
· The creation of a unique experience that expressed by the bonding between parents and children during a shares travel experience. It allows the parent to watch and communicate with their children and allows the children to play and enjoy the ride
· Taga 2.0 is a part of the ecological mobility trend and contributes to reduce air pollution and the overcrowding of traffic